GenWest provides benefits above the legal minimum including:
- Family violence leave
- Salary sacrificing - this allows you to have a portion of your salary tax free, which increases your take home pay.
- 10 weeks paid parental leave, or the option to have half pay for 20 weeks, with full superannuation paid for parental leave
- The ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Collaborative working culture with colleagues who share your values
- Employee Assistance Program, with confidential counselling provided by an external service for staff and their immediate family.
- Option to work on January 26 and take a day off in lieu of the public holiday.
We are a child safe organisation, and employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a national Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
Tips for Applicants
It is better to give less information than more on your resume. Try to keep it to one or two pages. Ensure your resume includes the following information:
- Where you are currently working
- Where you have worked in the past (with the dates for all roles)
- Your qualifications or tertiary education (if applicable)
- Any additional transferrable skills you have that may be relevant (for example, additional spoken/written languages)
- What suburb you are based in
- Your contact details
Submitting a cover letter is a great way for us to get to know you, and help us to understand why you want to work with us. Some things to include in your cover letter:
- Any transferrable experience you have had in the family violence and/or community services sector
- Why you are interested in working with GenWest
- What you are seeking with regards to your employment
Applying with us
We welcome you to apply directly via the relevant job advert on recruitment sites or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised, we receive a large volume of applications and may not get back to you immediately. Please contact us if you would like any further updates.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com.