You have the right to:
- Privacy and confidentiality
- A service free from abuse and discrimination including race, gender, identity, age, disability, marital status, political or religious beliefs, pregnancy, sexual orientation, parental/carer status and physical features
- Be treated ethically with dignity and respect
- Participate (via feedback or involvement)
- Complain and feedback on services
- Have complaints dealt with by a staff member not previously involved in the matter
- Fair and prompt responses to concerns
- Live without violence and fear
- Receive information to make informed decisions
- Make your own choices
- Receive culturally sensitive support, including interpreters
You have the responsibility to:
- Respect the rights of others
- Respect the cultural background and privacy of others
- Treat others with dignity
- Refrain from racial, sexual, homophobic or any other forms of harassment or abuse
- Make decisions for yourself
- Keep appointments or cancel if necessary
What to do if you think your rights have not been met
We aim to provide a high quality service and would like to know if you have any concerns. Services or support will not be stopped in any way if we receive a complaint.
How to make a complaint:
- Discuss the situation with the staff member. This may solve the problem quickly.
- Contact the staff member’s manager on 1800 436 937 or write to 317-319 Barkly Street, Footscray 3011.
- Email our Quality Management team on email@example.com
- Contact the Chief Executive Officer on 1800 436 937 or write to 317-319 Barkly Street, Footscray 3011.
- If you have a general complaint that hasn’t been resolved by steps 1-4, contact the Health Complaints Commissioner on 1300 582 113 or via 1300 582 113.
- If you have a housing complaint contact the Homelessness Advocacy Service (HAS) on 1800 066 256 or write to 34 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065
- Alternatively, you could contact the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission on 1300 891 848, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton 3053.
Even if you don’t have a complaint, please fill in a feedback form to help us improve our service.