GenWest are seeking LGBTIQA+ advocates for our community advisory group.
Are you interested in becoming a GenWest LGBTIQA+ advocate?
GenWest is looking for women, non-binary and gender diverse people from the LGBTIQA+ community who would like to give feedback and advice to help make our service the best it can be. We are looking for LGBTIQA+ advocates who have a connection to Melbourne’s west.
We invite you to become a part of our LGBTIQA+ advisory group by meeting every three months and giving feedback on how GenWest can be a safer, more inclusive organisation for LGBTIQA+ people. Help us reach our vision to achieve gender equity across Melbourne’s west so that everyone can lead healthy, safe lives.
The benefits of being on the LGBTIQA+ advocate advisory group:
- You will help GenWest be a better service for the LGBTIQA+ community
- You will learn new skills and gain experience as an LGBTIQA+ advocate
- You will be given opportunities for free training and professional development
- You will meet other LGBTIQA+ advocates who want to make a difference
- If you have any access or support requirements, we are more than happy to help!
- You will be paid for every meeting you go to
If you are interested in being a part of this group:
Send an email to Sophie Mast at email@example.com and tell us why you would like to a be in the LGBTIQA+ advisory group.
We will then organise a casual chat to make sure the group is the right fit for you.
Please email Sophie with your interest before Friday 10th of February.
Note: The LGBTIQA+ advisory group is to help GenWest provide the best service possible, but it’s not group counselling. If you are looking for counselling or support, please contact Queerspace on 9663 6733 or go to queerspace.org.au.
Here at GenWest, we pride ourselves on our inclusive feminist values that we uphold everyday; Freedom, Love, Resistance, Creativity and Connection.
Read about who we are and what we do.