GenWest, Women’s Health in the North, the Royal Women’s Hospital, and the North Western Melbourne PHN invite you to attend an online session: Early Medical Abortion of Pregnancy - Case Studies and Complexities.
What is Early Medical Abortion of Pregnancy
Early medical abortion of pregnancy or medical termination of pregnancy (MTOP) is the preferred method of induced abortion of nearly 50% of women and pregnant people worldwide who experience unwanted pregnancy. The procedure is safe, effective and legal. However, despite being legal in Victoria, access to early medical abortion is limited.
About the session
Date: 18 April 2023 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
The session will build on information provided in the last session in June 2022: Early Medical Abortion of Pregnancy – an information evening for GPs, nurses and pharmacists with Dr Paddy Moore. It is strongly recommended that registrants watch the previous session before attending.
The session will include:
- an overview of training requirements for providing early medical abortion.
- an update on early medical abortion procedures.
- discussion component to explore complex cases and demystify early medical abortion provision.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- recall the training requirements for providing Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- describe the early medical abortion clinical pathway
- understand the service system and explain the benefits of the referral pathways for GPs and nurse who provide early medical abortion.
Dr Paddy Moore - Clinical Lead, Abortion and Contraception Service and Clinical Champion Project - The Royal Womens Hospital Melbourne
Dr Lynda-Rose Chapeyama - Clinic 66
Trish Hayes - Melbourne Pregnancy Counsellors
Continuing Professional Development
2 RACGP CPD hours - Educational Activities
How to register
Register now at bit.ly/MTOPsession