GenWest are seeking survivor advocates for our community advisory group.
Are you interested in becoming a GenWest survivor advocate?
GenWest is looking for women, non-binary and gender diverse victim survivors who would like to give feedback and advice to help make our service the best it can be.
We invite you to become a part of our survivor advocate advisory group by meeting every three months and giving feedback on certain GenWest projects and services which will help us achieve our vision to support people to live free from violence.
We are seeking for survivor advocates who have received a service from GenWest and are no longer in crisis. We’d like advisory group members to have a connection to Melbourne’s west.
The benefits of being on the survivor advocate advisory group:
- You will help GenWest be a better service for other victim survivors
- You will learn new skills and gain experience as a survivor advocate
- You will be given opportunities for free training and professional development
- You will meet other survivor advocates who want to make a difference
- If you have any access or support requirements, we are more than happy to help!
- You will be paid for every meeting you go to
If you are interested in being a part of this group:
Send an email to Sophie Mast at email@example.com and tell us why you would like to a be in the survivor advisory group.
We will then organise a casual chat to make sure the group is the right fit for you.
Please email Sophie with your interest before Friday 10th of February.
Note: The survivor advocate advisory group is to help GenWest provide the best service possible, but it’s not group counselling. If you are looking for counselling or support please contact our team at Orange Door on 1800 271 045.
Here at GenWest, we pride ourselves on our inclusive feminist values that we uphold everyday; Freedom, Love, Resistance, Creativity and Connection.
Read about who we are and what we do.